Posts Categorized: Microsoft

At the moment I’m preparing for my CCE exam and one of the things I like to do is perform several setups. For this tutorial I implemented a XenDesktop & XenApp 7.5 server. A StoreFront server and a virtual NetScaler with a developer license. I already have in place a CA for my self signed certs, the domain joined machines automatically trust the Root CA cert and a Domain Controller is in place.

The goal of the tutorial is to get the StoreFront websites running on SSL. The XML traffic should be encrypted and the NetScaler has to connect to the StoreFront servers through SSL. Let’s start!

In out Lab environment we’ve got Active Directory Federation Server installed on our (only) Domain Controller. After rebooting the DC ADFS hangs on startup. maweeras on the technet forums posted the solution.

Short story :
Put the Microsoft Key Distribution Service on automatic en reboot your Domain Controller

So at the moment we’re testing a lot of new devices in combination with our XenApp 6.5/NetScaler infra, which ofcourse is a lot of fun. I ran into this problem, which I thought was poorly documented. So there we go…. You get the well known error “You do not have the proper encryption level to access this Session” when firing up your app. using the new HTML5 receiver (eg. with Chrome or Opera or Firefox).

So at this moment we’re setting up a managed file transfer solution which needs some open ports. We would like to test these ports before our consultancy partner arrives to help us implement. We need to test if we can make a connection on a specific number of ports without actually having the software installed that listens on them.

So at the moment we’re completing a project that included migrating an existing Microsoft Sharepoint Project Server environment implementation to a different server environment with a different URL. Our goal was to get rid of the /pwa part and create an http://projects.domain.local/businessunit URL. We have read a lot about this on the internet. A lot of peope saying it’s not advised to do so, it cannot be done etc. etc. No straightforward manual how to accomplish this. Even our consulting partner said it couldn’t be done.

So in this article I’m writing how it can be done and which errors we faced. You do need Sharepoint and Project Server knowledge cause I will not include screenshots etc. If you start using this article I’m assuming you have the knowledge to create a content database and add a managed path.

So I never tought I would be writing about my car on this blog. However this particular problem took me some time (like WAY too long!!) to solve and I could not find any posts of other people with a real step-by-step solution. I figured it would be nice to make an exception and write about it :-). The case: Since not too long I’m driving a very nice Ford Focus Titanium Wagon. I’m very satisfied with it, and enjoy driving it on a daily basis. However the audio system (The Microsoft Sync Media system) really sucks when it comes to recognizing the ID3 tags you’ve so accurately set. In my case in about 50% of the cases (read tracks) it just wouldn’t recognize the Artist, Album and Genre. All tracks could be found in the ‘unknown’ section of the USB index.